Recently I visited one of my oldest friends whom I’ve known for about 13 years (half of my life!). For much of our friendship, we’ve had entire conversations using only quotes from the movie The Birdcage. If you’ve never seen this movie, stop everything you’re doing, stop reading this blog and GO WATCH IT. It’s available on Netflix on DVD. Seriously, this is not a drill. Watch it.
Once you’ve seen it at leeaaast one time, you’ll be familiar enough with it to really enjoy this drinking game that my friend I came up with! While I was visiting her, we decided to search for a Birdcage drinking game and were extremely disappointed to find that one doesn’t really exist… we found drinking games and boozy sing-a-longs for the stage production, but nothing for the movie. So – we decided to make one!
There are a million things you could include on this list, especially if you know every line of this movie like we do. We tried to be conservative so that anyone playing this game doesn’t end up with alcohol poisoning, so every rule is just 1 drink, with the exception of dear old Agador Spartacus, who absolutely deserves 2 drinks. And don’t down half a drink with 1 sip – you’ll regret it! ENJOY!
- 1 drink every time Albert shrieks
- 2 drinks every time Agador Spartacus’ full name is mentioned
- 1 drink every time someone says ‘Senator Keeley’
- 1 drink every time Armand rolls his eyes
- 1 drink every time Albert refers to himself in the third person, or as a stage name
- 1 drink every time there is a scene with cross dressing in it
- 1 drink every time there is confusion about Armand’s last name…. Is it Coleman? Goldman? Coldeman with a silent “d”?!?
- 1 drink every time Armand criticizes Agador
- 1 drink every time someone is confused about who Val’s mother is
- 1 drink every time they are rehearsing a number
- 1 drink every time there is confusion about the various beaches – Palm Beach vs. South Beach vs. Fisher Island, etc.
- 1 drink every time a Bush or a Kennedy is mentioned
- 1 drink every time someone leaves the table during the dinner scene
- 1 drink every time Armand or Albert try to “act straight” and it’s the most hilariously awkward thing ever